Monday, May 11, 2009

episode 21 - Superboy 100

Hey, Super Future Listeners! Another exciting adventure! Except not really! Hahaha, horrible Pete Ross issue! The sound on this episode sucks, the management sincerely apologizes. I have no idea what happened there, I'm actually worried I destroyed the mic somehow with my brutish hands. We're not supposed to sound like shrieking horrors in the night. In this episode, listen as we're attacked by massive insects and car sounds!


Editor: Mort Weisinger
Writer: Jerry Coleman
Penciller: George Papp

Music used in the intro/outro is The Carpenters - (They Long to Be) Close to You





==This podcast contains explicit content... and by that we mean foul language. lots.==

Right-Click and Save As to Download -
Super Future Friends Episode 21 - Superboy 100

Some Stats:
Tunnels? YES!
Inappropriate Usage of "choke", "groan", etc: Yes.
Pete Ross is Terrifying? Yes.
Ignorance of Global Warming: Astounding.
The Kents Are Befuddled Old People?
Yes.
Robot Death? No, but one is damaged.

You can comment here with feedback or email us at superfuturefriends@gmail.com

-adriana and kristen

As a bonus, here's a link to a summary of Pete's first appearance, I didn't want to clutter up our Legion purity with a Pete Ross post so I popped it onto my blog.

-Pete Ross's Terrifying First Appearance.

Also, if you want to buy Legion Of Super-Heroes Toys, check out Matty Collector on May 15th.


Appendix





this is the same panel with the actual text. I was going to post comparable "beware child molester" images but...they upset me and I don't want to post them!!







Superboy #100 Bonus Maps!


click for a Map of Krypton. I love those LEGO looking robots.


click for the routes taken by the super-family!

9 comments:

Nikki said...

Your B5 doll with need a Supergirl to hold hands with, will he not? or maybe a supergirl robot doll for the lonely nights

Johnathan said...

It's hard not to make fun of the Legion when you love the Legion. I know your pain.

Kate Madalene said...

I love that Superboy issue 100 has hardly any Superboy in it. So entirely retarded.

And toys!! Aaaahhhh I loooove toys :D I need that set. I saw the Batman villains set on that site too, and I want it...except for the Clock King >:( I hate the Clock King like you guys hate Bouncing Boy.

Dave A said...

It makes so much sense now that Pete Ross grew up to marry Lana Lang....

XantesFire said...

Your show just keeps getting better and banterer.

To understand sound collecting you had to be around before the internet and VCRs. I used to tape tv theme songs. A friend of mine used to tape animals and cars.

Actually, pre-crisis Smallville was set up as being on the east coast near Metropolis. Sometimes they were both placed in New York or Delaware. Depending on the writers' mood.

Superboy the tv series ran 88-92, so they were before "Lois and Clark" and might have been canceled, according to wiki, because Warner didn't want two Superman related shows out there.

Anonymous said...

Stoopid Warner.

XantesFire said...

You're telling me. In 2006 they released Superboy season 1 on dvd. They have no plans to release the rest of the series. I didn't watch the series regularly back then but supposely it got better because Gerard Christopher replaced the first actor who was only there for the first season.

mspote said...

Great episode, you two -- lots of fun.

In Pete Ross' defense, walking around and recording random stuff is probably how Ben Burtt got his start, too, and things worked out well for him. (Well, unless you count "Lapti Nek" getting cut from the Special Edition of "Return of the Jedi," but... hey, he got to create the Wookie roar? What more could you want out of life?)

mspote said...

By the way -- the cartoon episode clearly shows Triplicate Girl voting only once. ;-) (I know b/c that's one of my kid's favorite episodes!)